Monday, June 23, 2014

Reflection on Learning

As an early childhood educator, my most passionate hope for my future is for all children and families to feel accepted and welcome. It is important for children to be able to embrace their identities and develop into who they are or should become. It is my hope that all children and families have a sense of belonging and experience affirmation of their identities and cultural ways of being (Derman- Sparks & Edwards, 2010).

I want to thank each of my colleagues for the many words of encouragement as well as the helpful words, ideas, and insights through our discussions and blogs. I wish each of you the best as we continue to strive being anti-bias educators in the early childhood field.

Derman-Sparks, L., & Edwards, J. O. (2010). Anti-bias education for young children and ourselves. Washington, DC: National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).

4 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Thank you for your expressions of encouragement throughout this course. You sound like you truly have the children and families that you come in to contact with's best interest at heart. I love the compassion and respect that you share for your families and children throughout your posts. I hope that this course has helped you as much as it has helped me on recognizing the many strategies that we can incorporate in our classrooms to help overcome and respect diversity in our classrooms. Best of luck in your next and final class! We are almost done!

    Thanks,
    Amy McCoig

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have truly enjoyed being your classmate. Your posts were always mindfully written and very inspiring. I can tell that you have a passion for what you do. I hope we meet again soon. Never stop learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amy,
    It is definitely a pleasure working with you. I am thankful for getting to know you throughout this program. I hope to see you in our final course and meeting you soon. I will like to wish you the best in your career and life as well. Keep up the great work!
    LaCasa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    Its always been a pleasure in working with you each week. Your posts are always encouraging.Keep up the great job and i hope to correspond with you even after our program is finished.

    ReplyDelete